Thursday, May 14, 2009

Royen Kent


Royen Kent is the Person of The Day!!! He is not a subscriber but he's Royen, he's kind of special! (ninja) Royen and I met in the fall of last year and had 2 classes together. We had Stage Management and Foundations of Theatre Arts. Both classes with David Pecoraro, the big cheese in technical theatre. Well Royen and I have become better friends this semester than last semester. One of my favorite memories of Royen Kent so far has been the final of Stage Management, Me, Royen, Katie Farmer, Aaron Wheeler, Brandon, James Valdez, JDR, and Candice were all in the computer lab being loud and pissed off because we were there at 12am still typing up our prompt script that James Valdez said he'd do on his own but neglected to do so. Well Candice and I were pissed off and were snapping at people and such and I remember Royen was afraid of me and didn't speak to me at all until the next morning because he didn't want me to bite his head off for uttering even one word. (sorry.) My first impression of Royen Kent was Godspell, and having everyone in the cast come out and speak their monologues and then all of a sudden Royen comes down the stairs and begins singing Prepare Ye'. I was blown away by his talent and still to this day I am blown away at All The Good Gifts God's given to him, he's got talent and when he makes it big on Broadway or Chicago or wherever he ends up, i'll be sure to see his show!!! So while you're praying today, shout one up for Royen Kent, the person of the day!


JB