Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Used to Be Friends

Along TIme Ago We Used To Be Friends...

I remember this song was one of my favorites before I even begun my Veronica Mars phase of life. This song hasn't really done much for me in life except remind me of Veronica Mars/LARSEN FAMILY/Tara/The OC/Kansas City Trip/The Leaving.

The song itself is poppy and sounds like something that would be on The OC, in fact it actually was. But thats not the point, the song nowadays means so much to me. Lately the close ones have moved on and left me out in the open to find shelter on my own and bouncing back from that is a hard, long and tedious process.

It sucks to think about things relating to this because you are either happy or they strike a nerve and you become saddened. I mean there is only so much a person can do to try and fix things and leaving it at that is what I've had to do. Thinking about the loss though is something even more saddening, cuz in the end what was 3 years as apose to 3 weeks? 3 weeks of happiness and excitement? Whose to say one should out weigh the other, nobody can answer that but me and thats the sad part.

How do you fix them? How do things go on from here with whats happened?

I had someone try to help and it ultimately failed and the other person was decent; but not themselves. I knew that, and I know they knew I could tell. So I was faced with embracing the awkwardness.

Along time ago we used to be friends, what happened to us?

Jon